As with all metal-based products, Luxaflex® Aluminium Venetians can be subject to some variations in the slat finishes, and are considered normal, acceptable quality. Precautions should be taken to reduce exposure to harsh environmental elements, such as salt air. Even though Luxaflex Aluminium Venetians are made with a unique clutch system, preventing damage to the tilt mechanism caused by over winding the tilt wand, care during operation must still be taken.
Cord and wand operation
To tilt the slats: Simply rotate the wand to tilt the slats from fully closed to any desired angle.To lower the blind: To lower, simply pull the cord towards the centre of the blind and lower gently.To raise the blind: To raise, tilt the slats to the fully opened position. Remove the bottom rail from the hold-down brackets (if fitted). Pull the lift cord towards the centre and raise the blind. To lock in position simply move the cord towards the outer edge of the blind to engage the cord lock.
- To tilt the slats: Simply rotate the Uniwand lever left or right to tilt the slats from fully closed to any desired angle.To lower and raise the blind: Simply move the Uniwand lever up to raise the slats or down to lower to the desired position.
- To lower and raise the blind: Simply use the handle to push up to raise the blind and pull down to lower the blind.
- To tilt the slats: Use the same motion on the handle to tilt the slats to the desired position.
Cord cleat operation
- To tilt the slats: Pulling on one of the single cords will tilt the slats in one direction, and pulling the other cord will tilt the slats in the opposite direction.
- To lower the blind: To lower, simply pull the cord towards the centre of the blind and lower gently.
- To raise the blind: To raise, tilt the slats to the fully opened position. Remove the bottom rail from the hold-down brackets (if fitted). Pull the lift cord towards the centre and raise the blind.
- To lock in position simply move the cord towards the outer edge of the blind to engage the cord lock.Motorised operation For motorisation information, please refer to SOMFY® product brochure that is supplied with your product .
Our stock includes spare parts and blades for:
- Micro Venetians, Mini Venetians, Standard Venetians, Timber Venetians, Cedar Venetians, Timber Look Alike Venetians.
ROUTINE CLEANING HINTS
- Weekly Dusting
Dust your venetians with a duster or soft dry cloth each week. Don’t use a damp or oily cloth because you will probably leave marks and dust will set on the damp blades which is difficult to remove.
- Vacuum Cleaning
Use the dusting brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner for a more thorough clean.
Close the blinds completely and vacuum each blade from the centre across to each side of the venetian a section at a time holding the venetians steady to avoid scratches. Work all the way to the bottom of the blind then turn the blades so they are pointing up and the backs are facing you and repeat the procedure.
- Time for All Clean Blinds!
Once the dust is no longer easy to remove it is time to get your blinds professionally cleaned. We clean all four sides of your blinds (2 sides that you don’t get to with ordinary dusting), and the headbox. You should consider having cords that are badly stained or worn changed at this time.You get your blinds back clean, dry and shiny. Our special cleaning agent leaves a coated surface that resists dust build up.
VENETIAN BLINDS – Spare Parts
VENETIAN BLINDS – THIN SLAT
VENETIAN BLIND – WIDE SLAT (50MM)